We have an excellent opportunity available for experienced Production Team Leaders to make a difference. You will be working in a high performing environment, alongside peers always trying to reach the next level. The delivery of results will be your primary responsibility and you will be constantly looking for improvement activities.
In brief, you will be responsible for leading the production teams on a shift and daily basis. Delivery of production plan and OEE performance for the area of control whilst maintaining and improving standards and policies.
• Production, safety, quality, people within the specified production area on a shift basis. Primarily delivery of the shift results however also required to take active role in the longer term improvement activity and plans for the area.
• Safe working environment delivering good quality products to agreed production plans whilst ensuring labour and yield controls are in place and being adhered to.
• Leading the teams through regular performance reviews using short interval control and multi-disciplined teams. Generation of actions as an output of this process which will deliver improved performance before the next review point.
• Using appropriate problem solving tools where required to address reoccurring issues. Management and direction of shift engineering resources to aid this process
• Proactive approach to improving safety and GMP standards within the area of responsibility
• Engagement of teams to actively seek out performance and costs improvement opportunities wherever possible. Be able to demonstrate personal involvement and contribution in these initiatives.
• Ensure focus on safety initiatives is evident with approach to deliver zero lost time or minor accidents evident.
• Ensure that all productions activities (start-ups, shut downs, changeovers) are planned out with potential risks identified and managed accordingly
• Maintaining of discipline standards and application of company procedures across the area of responsibility.
• Involvement in focused improvement projects or capital projects.
• Active engagement in the area steering and review process’ in order to add an individual contribution to the team’s success
• Ensuring effective shop floor based handovers are taking place to aid continuity across shift changes
• Engineering /Manufacturing HNC/HND/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
• Min 3 years’ experience of operating in a fast moving production environment
• Strong leadership competencies required with the ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to identify specific business improvement opportunities and problem solving
• Be able to communicate effectively at all levels and ensure communications are clear and understood, be able to engage and motivate teams and union partners when adapting and adopting change programs
• Experience of delivering sustainable improvement plans which have contributed to business success and transformation