We have an excellent opportunity available for experienced Production Team Leaders to make a difference. You will be working in a high performing environment, alongside peers always trying to reach the next level. The delivery of results will be your primary responsibility and you will be constantly looking for improvement activities.
In brief, you will be responsible for leading, engaging & mentoring a team of Engineering Team Leaders/Engineers on a shift basis, whilst also being accountable for proactively seeking innovative ideas to drive performance improvements in all KPI areas.
• Management and coaching of the Team Leaders towards delivery of their day to day performance through regular performance reviews
• Delivery of production plan and OEE performance for the area of control whilst maintaining and improving standards and policies
• Leadership of a multi-disciplined shift team and support the maintenance of all assets using lean principles of short interval control, the tier process and multi-disciplined teams
• Build morale and ensure the creation of a high performing teams; driving performance on shift with shift production manager
• Accountable for overall shift based decision making and ultimately the responsible person on site in the event of a major engineering incident
• Proactively looking for innovative ideas to drive performance improvements in all KPI areas
• Ensure that all productions activities (start-ups, shut downs, changeovers) are planned out with the Reliability teams to reduce potential risks
• Deliver effective communications across the teams and to help develop standard ways of working
• Using appropriate problem solving tools in the event of reoccurring or significant issues which may arise.
• Proactive approach to improving safety and GMP standards within the area of responsibility
• Engagement of teams to actively seek out performance and costs improvement opportunities wherever possible.
• Ensure focus on safety initiatives is evident with approach to deliver zero lost time or minor accidents evident.
• Monthly monitoring of goals with gap analysis and identification of action plans in place where goals not being achieved
• Time served Electrical/Mechanical Engineer (NVQ3 and HNC or equivalent)
• Min 5 years’ experience of operating in a fast moving manufacturing/engineering environment
• Strong leadership competencies required with the ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to identify specific business improvement opportunities and problem solving
• Be able to communicate effectively at all levels and ensure communications are clear and understood, be able to engage and motivate teams and union partners when adapting and adopting change programs
• Experience of delivering sustainable improvement plans which have contributed to business success and transformation