Inventory Manager - Global Packaging Business - Suffolk
£40,000 - £45,000 + package
We are excited to work with this multinational packaging business on a newly redesigned position that will perform an integral function in the development and definition of the inventory process and the role it plays within the wider company strategy. This £multi-billion company is looking for someone who has excellent collaboration and relationship skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across all levels of the business to work on key projects aimed at driving performance and change.
What you'll do…
- Take ownership of inventory journey, end-to-end from PO at supplier to various warehouse locations across the UK, ensuring all product is receipted, located, transferred, and dispatched correctly with full KPI responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting and improving Inventory KPIs, driving actions across all functions, improving visibility of key metrics and trends.
- Liaise cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and work with 3PL teams to organise the efficient flow of inventory/stock and share operational challenges and actions.
- Drive continuous improvements across the inventory cycle to aid business performance, identifying new technology, systems, and tools, and leading meetings on inventory related matters and improvements.
- Manage a direct report and interact with stakeholders from Director level to operational teams in a positive but action-oriented style.
Who you'll be…
- A motivated leader able to collaborate and build relationships.
- Have extensive knowledge of inventory and stock control, as well as business operations, with a focus on analytical skills used to forecast and monitor stock/inventory.
- Excellent ERP systems knowledge.
- Strong IT and advanced excel skills are required, with Power BI or SAGE experience ideal.
- A broader understanding of end-to-end supply chain and operational processes with experience in S&OP demand/supply planning desirable.
- Full driving license required.
Why you should apply…
- Motivated and team driven environment with great opportunity for your voice to be heard by senior stakeholders and international teams.
- Excellent potential for personal development and networking with a wide exposure to the larger business in a high profile and influential position.
- Competitive salary, plus £5,000 car allowance and potential for international travel.
- Flexibility of working and relaxed attitude to WFH.
- Chance to lead key projects that are integral to the overall goals of the company.
Please note, while the company is flexible on working days, they do not currently have a working from home policy and all decisions in this area would be at the discretion of the line manager. All applicants must be UK based.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.