Pod Talent are delighted to be partnering with Kraft Heinz on a brand new position, we are currently looking for a Quality & Food Safety Lead to come on board, in this role you will be responsible for ensuring that all finished product leaving the Control Centre is of the correct standard whilst also managing a team of 3 Food Safety Inspectors.
You will be based in the Sterilizing Department in this role which is the most technical function on site, experience in Thermal Processing would be a distinct advantage but it’s not essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-renowned business who have a people oriented & high-performance culture, they also offer excellent career development prospects.
The Wigan site is the largest food manufacturing site in Europe, employing over 850 people, our purpose is to ‘To proudly nourish the nation and strengthen our communities’.
- 27 Days Holiday per annum with an option to purchase additional days
- Private Health Care
- Annual Bonus
- Free Parking
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Physio, Councillor, Occupational Health
- Annual Benefits Window
- Retailer Discount
- Commutable from Manchester, Liverpool, Preston and surrounding areas
- Ensure that all finished product leaving the Kraft Heinz Control centre is of the correct standard.
- You will be responsible for managing a team of 3 Food Safety Inspectors
- Provide problem solving skills to ensure root causes of incidents are understood and introduce preventative actions to ensure issues are not repeated.
- Identify and communicate top losses for Food Safety and Quality KPI’s including Right First Time, Cost of Quality and Complaints ensuring appropriate improvement plans are in place.
- Reduce operational risk by identifying opportunities to simplify and strengthen current practices and ways of working.
- Play a key role in maintaining, developing and improving systems to comply with requirements of external bodies.
- Educated to degree level in Scientific discipline e.g. Food Science, Microbiology etc.
- An understanding of Thermal Processing (Sterilising and Pasteurising) would be advantageous.
- Will have worked in a Quality focused role previously, ideally within Food/FMCG
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Contact – Carl Costigan