Pod Talent are delighted to be partnering with a Global Manufacturing business in Lancashire on a brand new role, due to an internal move my client is looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineering Manager to lead a team of 12-15 multi-skilled engineers within a busy Manufacturing environment.
In this role you will report directly to the Site Engineering Manager and your responsibilities will include coaching and developing your team, driving engineering performance and leading factory-wide improvement projects. We are looking for a very strong leader who has a proven record of people development and performance improvement. This is an opportunity to work for a Globally recognised business, they have a very supportive and people orientated culture and they provide excellent career development opportunities.
- Lead a team of Maintenance Technicians & implement PPM (planned preventative maintenance) plans ensuring that you are maximising factory performance and output.
- Take the lead on corrective maintenance, resolving high priority factory issues.
- You will be responsible for leading the training and development of the technicians in your team, building a highly performing team and ensuring they realise their maximum potential.
- Responsible for making important factory-wide decisions where necessary, guiding other Team Leaders and factory associates on resolving deviations to KPIs.
- Monthly monitoring of goals with gap analysis and identification of action plans in place where goals are not being achieved.
- You will lead factory-wide improvement projects to drive priority initiatives, collaborating with the Site Technical Leadership Team peers to lead and partner in maintenance technical strategy, asset performance improvement and asset investment.
- Engineering Bachelor degree or HNC technical qualification preferred
- Strong leadership competencies required with the ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to identify specific business improvement opportunities and problem solving
- Solid understanding of & exposure to Engineering Technology
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels and ensure communications are clear and understood, be able to engage and motivate teams when adapting and adopting change programs
- Experience of delivering sustainable improvement plans which have contributed to business success and transformation
Contact – Carl Costigan