Greenfield Global Logistics Buyer – Leading E-Commerce Business
- Location: Varsseveld (2/3 days per week onsite)
- Benefits: €70,000-€80,000 + company car
A leading retailer is building a new indirect procurement function and seek a strong logistics procurement professional to manage a €80m spend across transportation and distribution.
This customer-centric business is keen to introduce strategic procurement as a result of strong recent growth, so it can continue delivering maximum value for global customers. You will be in charge of managing and introducing new suppliers, creating logistics procurement processes across the global business and working with the world-class distribution team to ensure successful customer journeys and to create top line value.
The ideal applicant will have strong logistics knowledge and strategic sourcing/category management experience from any industry background. The role will see you work with a broad range of stakeholders across various business units, so a strong communicator is essential. The business is growing rapidly so somebody with a keen interest in continuous improvement, utilizing procurement for growth and driving change would be an ideal candidate for this exciting position.
Greenfield Global Logistics Buyer; key responsibilities:
- Create Logistics category strategy and implement it across the global business
- Build lasting and effective relationships with new and existing suppliers, as well as with key internal functions (logistics, distribution, etc)
- Benchmark supplier performance and deliver value-add initiatives in partnership with key suppliers
- Introduce new technologies to enable procurement to add additional value to the business
- Strong strategic sourcing experience AND a strong knowledge of logistics/transportation.
- Effective communication across different levels and functions of business
- Experience with procurement software (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Coupa) would be advantageous
If you are a strong logistics procurement professional looking to move into a global, greenfield position where you can design category strategy, devise new processes and help to shape the procurement function of a global market leader, apply using the link or email your English CV to Alex at email@example.com to schedule a confidential discussion.