Pod Talent are delighted to be exclusively working with a rapidly growing & innovative technology business in the UK on a brand new opportunity, we are recruiting for a Senior Quality Engineer to come on board. In this role your primary responsibility will be establishing a thorough understanding of product quality defects through usage simulation, defect analysis, testing and consultation. You will essentially analyse and inspect customer returns, determine the issue, spot recurring trends and ultimately take corrective action to get to the root cause of the issue and prevent it from happening long term.
This is an opportunity to join a business who have taken the tech industry by storm in the past couple of years, they recently grew to over $1Bn in valuation and they will be launching an exciting new product range later this year. This role can be flexible on location as this business operate a hybrid model, however you will be required to be in the North-West 30% of the time and London 10% of the time, some occasional international travel will be expected also.
- Inspect, measure, test and simulate customer product returns, getting to the root cause of the issue and implementing long term solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Work closely with other teams in the business e.g. sales, engineering & supply chain to build a thorough customer quality defects management process.
- Translate issue awareness into new quality standards, requirements and processes which will prevent future occurrence.
- Develop and manage testing facilities, equipment and systems for defect analysis.
- Develop monthly analysis reports to identify defect trends.
- Degree level educated in engineering field would be advantageous e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Automation.
- Excellent experience in a quality function, ideally within consumer electronics, appliances, fitness equipment or similar.
- Natural problem solver, ability to use quality improvement tools such as 8D, FAR, Ishikawa, 5-Whys.
- Familiar with customer support, inspection and repair processes.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical and scientific principles.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Contact – Carl Costigan