Role - Head of Logistics (Retail/Consumer/Fashion)
Location - London (Hybrid - 3 days in office, 2 days from home)
Salary - up to £65,000 + 20% Bonus
Pod Talent are excited to partner with a growing and world-renowned fashion retailer, on their search for a Head of Logistics - Transport & Customs.
As part of the Senior Team - you will set up and manage inbound goods to the UK direct from supplier, including customs/duties handling and domestic transport. You will manage 3 direct reports, so a passion for people management and developing a team is key, in addition to ensuring the smooth and efficient movement of goods across borders.
What you'll be doing as Head of Logistics - Transport & Customs -
- Oversee Transportation Operations, manage and optimise the transportation process, including coordinating shipments, selecting carriers, and ensuring OTIF.
- Customer compliance - ensuring compliance with all customs regulations and requirements, including proper documentation, tariff classifications and duty payments.
- Risk management - identifying potential risks and developing strategies to mitigate them.
- Internal and External Stakeholder Management - collaborating with transportation providers, customs brokers to negotiate contracts, monitor performance and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Process Improvement - continuously evaluate and improve transportation and customs processes to enhance efficiency, reduce costs and streamline operations.
Key skills and experience required for the position of Head of Logistics - Transport & Customs -
- 5+ years within a Senior Logistics Management role, proficient in managing transportation operations including freight forwarding, carrier selection, route optimisation and tracking systems.
- Strong understanding of Customs Regulations and procedures, and import/export compliance.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally with partners and government authorities, along with strong negotiation skills to secure favourable terms with external partners.
- People Management, or prior experience training and developing members of a wider team.
If you are motivated, detail orientated and hold a passion for logistics, please apply or get in touch at Holly@pod-talent.com.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.