£55000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus
14 days ago
Pod Talent are delighted to be once again partnering with one of the World's most well renowned Food Manufacturing businesses on an exciting new opportunity. We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Project Manager - Food Processing to join their Manufacturing Site in Lancashire. In this role you will be the Subject Matter Expert for Food Processing/Kitchen Manufacturing, you will work alongside Project Managers to design new processes which will become best practice for the global business.
This is a brand new position that is part of an Engineering Excellence Project in which multiple Engineering Subject Matter Experts will be hired across different categories in the business to lead Global Initiatives. It's an opportunity to join a Food Manufacturing powerhouse who had an excellent year and have had a large recent investment to further their plans for expansion.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Lead Feasibility Studies for major Capex investments for Capacity, Innovation and Cost Improvement and novel technologies, across the Food Processing department, working closely with S&OP, Supply Chain Development, R&D and FS&Q.
- Create standard engineering project designs and Capex estimates for major capital initiatives working together with Region capex leads and their local teams.
- Participate & lead cross functional Reviews to define and agree standard process flows ensure all major Capital projects (>$1MM) across the Global Business are designed to maintain business continuity.
- Develop equipment standards and designs to enable Procurement to obtain standard pricing structures for particular/preferred suppliers. Working closely with Capex Procurement, Technical Services, R&D and FS&Q.
- Develop & deploy standardised production flows and equipment for Capex projects across the Global Business and champion the process in relation to specific projects to ensure compliance.
- Degree Level Educated in Engineering related discipline e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial etc.
- Strong experience in Food Manufacturing, will have an excellent understanding of Food Processing.
- Strong Project Management experience, will have led multi-national & multi-functional engineering projects.
- Excellent LEAN and Continuous Improvement background.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management experience.
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of end to end Supply Chain
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.