£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
21 days ago
06 Mar 00:00
Freight Operations Manager
£50 - £60k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing, multi award winning start-ups in the UK? To be in a role which is critical the business and pivotal in enabling the business to continue to grow at pace? To work in a collaborate environment where everyone works to get the best out of one another? If so, this role could be for you.
Pod Talent have been asked to find a hands on, people focused & highly engaging Operations Manager, leading a growing Operations department with excellent leadership skills. You will be tasked with managing, motivating & driving the Operations team, working closely with key stakeholders in the business and creating strong relationships with global customers and partners, along with successful onboarding of new customer.
This role will have a strong focus on operational effectiveness & stakeholder management both internally & externally, focussing heavily on Air and Ocean freight.
Within this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage, lead & improve the day to day operation & long-term supply chain operation strategy
- Lead, support & grow the operation team, upskilling & developing them to ensure capability for personal & business growth
- Identify, set up & implement market leading customer & supplier relationships programmes
- Ensure 'best in class' service, enhancing, developing and implementing an effective growth & improvement programmes
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to improve wider supply chain operations, customer service, operational delivery & cost efficiency. Being operation expert for your division.
- Lead continuous projects of innovate & exploratory reviews to ensure a scalable, effective & world class operation
In this role you will work in a very fast paced environment so you will need to be able to adapt to change and be able to prioritise & act quickly & effectively. In addition, you will need experience in the following
- Strong leadership & cross functional skills, with a deep understanding of Ocean & Sea Freight
- Successful leadership & development of teams, enabling a culture of empowerment & betterment
- A collaborative team player, with an ability to see 'the wood through the tree' embracing change & reacting quickly & proactively to changing landscape
- Experience in a high growth/transformative/highly innovative businesses
- Degree Educated or additional languages are highly desirable
If you think this role is for you and you would like to find out more then please apply or email direct We are anticipating completing initial shortlisting process by Friday 14th February with the intention
to setup interviews for the following week.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.