£60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
21 days ago
Global Logistics Manager
£60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A market leading global FMCG business, who has seen significant & sustained growth over the past few years is looking to bring in a driven, innovative & impactful logistics professional to lead the long term logistics strategy and develop a world class 3PL distribution network.
The business has an exceptionally strong culture, providing high performing individual a high level of autonomy & creative license to drive significant change within their area. This is a business that fosters and open & collaborative culture providing individuals multiple routes for progression.
This role will oversee a multi-million pound budget and focus on developing effective & sustainable partnerships with the 3PL providers; driving the operational performance to ensure high quality standards & processes, whilst identifying opportunities to impact cost to serve through continuous improvement.
- Overall responsibility for the Global Logistics Strategy & Management, supporting the continued growth of the business, developing & leading the Logistics roadmap.
- Grow, develop & mentor the Logistics team ensuring engagement and understanding of the wider Supply Chain team
- Effectively managing the partnerships with the 3PL warehouses & transport providers worldwide, ensuring operational effectiveness & exceptional service
- Manage, improve & grow a complex distribution model and supplier network; understanding supplier needs and optimising approach
- Lead on transport & warehouse tenders, building a strategic partnership with world class 3PLs & reviewing total network design to ensure highly effective logistic channels.
- Detailed & exploratory analysis of growth potential, driving continuous improvement projects across end to end logistics
- Drive actions in line with long term strategy; striving towards an optimal situation across quality, service and cost.
- Own the multi-million pound logistics budget
- 5-8+ years working in a fast paced, large scale distribution environment for market leading FMCG/Retail/Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices businesses, Global Knowledge would advantageous but not necessary
- Previous experience driving large strategic change i.e. Network Design, Tenders, New Product launches etc with either domestic or international markets
- Commercially astute individual with exceptional supplier & senior stakeholder management.
- Experience people manager, successfully developing & upskilling their team.
- Educated to a degree level, with excellent negotiating & influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to understand complex operations and drive change
- Enthusiasm to deliver a best in class supply chain and develop yourself & others
The role is based in Cambridgeshire, but WFH flexibility is offered.
If this sounds like the sort of role you are interested & a business you keen to work in then please apply now! For further information please contact Seb Taylor at Pod Talent email@example.com
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.