17 days ago
Head of Distribution - Western Europe - 12 Month FTC
World Renowned FMCG Business
North West England
Highly Competitive Package DOE
A market leading global FMCG business, renowned for their collaborative culture and innovative approach, is looking for a high achieving Head of Distribution who would be responsible for the total logistics solution for Western Europe to join the senior leadership team.
We are looking for a hands on and experienced logistics leader with strong 3PL management experience and deep knowledge of warehouse & transport operations. You will lead the Warehouse & Transport team both in house & outsourced, improving the operational effectiveness and 3PL relationship to deliver best in class service.
This role will be a 12 month FTC, with the potential to go permanent and so are looking to hear from candidates who are immediately available or soon to be available
- Overall responsibility for the Western Europe Logistics Strategy & Management
- Develop & mentor the Logistics team ensuring engagement and understanding of the wider Supply Chain team
- Effectively managing the partnership with the 3PL warehouse & transport providers, ensuring operational effectiveness & exceptional service
- Driving continuous improvement projects across end to end logistics
- Detailed & exploratory analysis of growth potential, promotional/peak planning activity and reviewing 3PL capacity, opportunities & risks
- Managing & improving a complex distribution model; understanding supplier and customers needs and optimising approach
- Drive actions in line with long term strategy; striving towards an optimal situation across quality, service and cost.
- Own the multi-million pound logistics budget
- 5-8+ years working at a senior level in fast paced, large scale distribution environment for market leading FMCG/Retail/3PLl businesses
- Commercially astute individual with exceptional supplier & senior stakeholder management.
- Experienced people manager, successfully developing & upskilling their team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to understand complex operations and drive change
- Enthusiasm to deliver a best in class supply chain and develop yourself & others
If this sounds like the sort of environment you are keen to work in then please apply now. For further information please contact Seb Taylor on 0203 627 2420 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.