13 days ago
12 Jun 00:00
Head of Operations - High Growth Ecommerce
PACKAGE: Highly Competitive Basic + Excellent Benefits (6-9 Month FTC)
This is a brand-new position reporting directly into the COO, of a strongly backed & highly disruptive ecommerce start up that is experiencing unprecedented demand to due to the recent Coronvirus Crisis. Even prior to this year this business was seeing growth rate of 25% YoY and expecting huge expansion in the coming period.
This is a senior management position taking on full responsibility for the fulfilment operation including but not limited to; warehousing, procurement, logistics, distribution & inventory management.
- Accountable for the operational effectiveness, P&L responsibility across: Fulfilment, Warehousing, Inventory, Inbound & outbound logistics. Ensure the operation in running at a financially viable level whilst ensuring long term strategic objectives are set & projects in place to ensure on time completion.
- Review, Design & Optimises current processes, laying the foundation for the significant growth, undertaking a series of gap analysis & a review of all areas to understand bottle necks & problem areas.
- Grow, Develop and Support a high performing team and contribute to the team spirit, learning and engagement of the wider team. Along with setting SMART objectives & ensuring sufficient development opportunities.
- Ensuring the warehouse operations is set up to run as efficiently as possible while not comprising on safety or quality.
- Control, Lead & Innovate our KPI metrics, improving data reliability/integrity and business visibility while highlighting key areas of inefficiencies and innovation.
- Their customers are at the heart of what they do, you must ensure that you have a strong understanding of their pinch points and set up a programme of continuous improvement to always look at new ways they can best serve our customers.
They are looking for people with:
- Experience of high growth/transformational/disruptive businesses specifically within start up/eCommerce/retail environments.
- Passionate about people's develop & growth with a strong understanding of human behaviour & performance management structures
- Ability work in ambiguity & 'see the wood through the trees' adapting management style to given situations
- A hands on individual with a genuine enthusiasm for success, working in an ever changing & flexible environment.
- Excellent Leadership & stakeholder management skills
- Highly analytical able to make detailed sense of complex information from a variety of different sources.
Sounds like you? Apply now or email Seb at Seb.firstname.lastname@example.org
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and Technical space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.