£45000 - £55000 per annum
11 days ago
Pod Talent are currently working with an exciting E-Commerce Food business in Hampshire on a new hire, my client is seeking a Head of Production to come on board. In this role you will be responsible for managing 3 sites (all adjacent to each other) whilst managing an overall team of 200 employees.
This values driven, ethical food business promotes healthy living and holds sustainability at the heart of what they do, as such they are seeking a like minded individual to help them with their continued growth. The responsibilities are below but please note that due to the nature of this business, you may be required to work 5 out of any 7 days so the suitable candidate needs to be flexible to occasionally work on weekends.
- You will be responsible for leading and motivating a team of over 200 employees including an Operations Manager
- You will be responsible for 3 sites (adjacent to each other), each site has a different function/product e.g. fresh/ambient etc.
- Implement and drive a culture of SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost)
- A key part of this role will be mentoring and developing your team, ensuring everyone is reaching their potential.
- Work through the Production Management team to achieve existing KPI targets. Where appropriate update or develop new productivity KPI's.
- Set and control of the budget for the warehouse and production sites.
- Drive a Health & Safety culture on site
- A strong people manager with experience of running big teams and balancing multiple project streams.
- Experience working in a fresh produce or food preparation environment is desirable.
- Project management experience would be beneficial.
- Enjoys pressure, responsibility and measurable risks.
- Budget management experience desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, can build relationships at all levels.
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.