£45000 - £55000 per annum
22 days ago
Head of Warehousing & Distribution
£45,000 - £55,000
Location: London/Greater London
We are proud to be exclusively partnering with a luxury furniture business who have seen significant & sustained growth over the past few years and is now looking to bring on a Head of Warehousing & Distribution. Along with owning the day to day warehouse & transport operation, you will be responsible for managing the transition from 3PL operation to an in-house logistics solution
- Responsible for the management and operational efficiencies of the UK distribution network within a controlled budget.
- Leading the warehouse transition project, from property selection, operational set up (Systems, Process & People) to Go live. Taking operational responsibility of the site once complete.
- To provide an impeccable delivery service to our customers & working the wider team to support this.
- P&L responsibility for Transport & Warehouse Operation - which you will have role in defining
- Using innovative methods to solve complex problem driving impressive efficiency & cost saving initiatives
- Grow, develop and support Logistics team and contribute to the team spirit, learning and engagement of wider business
- Excellent Distribution/Logistics Management experience within a luxury homeware environment (Ecommerce/Retail) & you must have dealt with a furniture distribution model.
- Previous management experience of a warehouse & transport operation -Bonus points if you have set this up previously!
- An autonomous, driven & hands on individual, with excellent relationship management skills
- A strong & passionate leader, able to manage teams, customers & senior stakeholders
- Ideally - Detailed knowledge of bespoke furniture business & intricate knowledge that comes along with this
Sounds like you? - then apply today or reach to Seb Taylor at Pod Talent
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.