£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus
about 1 month ago
Pod Talent are excited to be coming out to market with a brand new opportunity, we are currently working with a Global leading Food & Beverage business in West London on a Logistics & Operations Manager position. In this role you will manage a team of 3 whilst being responsible for this companies UK Transport operation which includes managing relationships with 15-20 hauliers, tracking performance and leading continuous improvement/cost saving initiatives.
This is a business that has a rewarding culture but that is based on the high performance of teams and individuals so we are seeking someone who can thrive in a fast paced environment.
What are your key responsibilities?
- Managing a team of 3 consisting of 2 in Transport Operations and a Procurement Manager who is responsible for new tenders.
- Manage the daily transport operation whilst making efforts to improve transport performance
- You will be responsible for a £20M transport budget.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing hauliers, you will also source new potential hauliers to use.
- Lead various transport related projects in key areas.
- Manage crucial 3rd party relationships ensuring that communication is constant and transparent.
- Run weekly meetings with the global team presenting latest performance results.
What are the requirements?
- Excellent people manager who has track record of developing team members.
- Will have experience in Food or FMCG.
- Must have strong knowledge of UK transport legislation.
- Strong Project Management background, you will have a track record of delivering cost savings to a business.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- You will be naturally driven and hard working
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.