£55000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus
16 days ago
Title: Logistics Manager
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + Bonus
Location: Essex/Flex (WFH Flexibility)
I am excited to be working exclusively with this ever-expanding consumer goods SME that is on a journey of doubling their growth this year. They are looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to manage and oversee their global 3PL logistics operation. Responsible for carrier management, international logistics, 3PL warehouse/inventory management as well as shaping and developing the long term logistic strategy.
The business has an exceptionally strong culture, providing high performing individuals a high level of autonomy & creative license to drive significant change within their area. This is a business that fosters and open and collaborative culture providing individuals with multiple routes for progression.
This role will oversee a multi-million pound budget and focus on developing effective and sustainable partnerships with the 3PL providers; driving the operational performance to ensure high quality standards & processes, whilst identifying opportunities to impact cost to serve/service through continuous improvement, network design and strategic transformation (such as developing Ecommerce channels)
What will the role entail?
- Overall responsibility for the global 3PL Logistics Strategy & Management, supporting the continued growth of the business, developing and leading the Logistics roadmap.
- Innovative and robust management of 3PL warehouse and transport providers; developing sustainable partnerships with 3PL providers and supporting on tenders
- Close management of the multi-million-pound logistics budget, improving service levels & delivering cost saving initiatives
- Detailed & exploratory analysis of growth potential, driving continuous improvement projects across end to end logistics
- Drive actions in line with long term strategy; striving towards an optimal situation across quality, service and cost.
- Working internally with the wider commercial and supply chain team to ensure effective supply chain operation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent track record managing 3PL logistics providers driving collaboration projects and building strong relationships.
- Previous management of a multi-million-pound 3PL contract - Bonus Points if you've been part of/lead change/transformation/tender projects
- Experience in fast paced environment FMCG/Retail/Ecommerce/Supermarket logistics/supply chain environment is essential !
- A dynamic communicator to all levels with the ability to drive change
- Excellent negotiating & influencing skills
- Enthusiasm to deliver a best-in-class supply chain and develop yourself and others
- Degree level or equivalent qualification/work experience
Why should you apply for this role?
- A growing and international business with strong brand recognition within its field
- Excellent starting package with fantastic people centric culture
- The opportunity to take ownership over some highly critical change programmes
- Strong career progression with the potential to broaden the breadth of the role and lead on further transformational programmes.
The business is a strong believer in giving individuals ownership and autonomy and offers a strong from work from home policy working from the office 3 days per week. If the roles sounds of interest and believe you fit the above please do apply today or reach out to Seb Taylor at Pod Talent.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.