£55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance, Bonus, Excellent Benefits
about 1 month ago
Procurement Lead - Consumables and Contract Manufacturing - Globally Renowned FMCG Brand - West London Based (Home Working) - £55,000 - £60,000 base + car allowance + exceptional bonus and wider package
This household brand is currently increasing its procurement presence in the UK and is actively growing the team based in London. With a vacancy it the indirect procurement team, they are looking to hire a high calibre procurement professional to take the lead on all areas of contract manufacturing and consumables. The ideal candidate will already have a background in this category with a strong track record of establishing strategic supplier relationships - and they will have excellent stakeholder management skills with a genuine passion for supply chain sustainability.
You will work as part of the UK&I procurement team focused on one of the fastest growing market areas within the company. Taking a lead role in this category you will design and implement a full end to end sourcing strategy to establish a best in class process. You will have a strong focus in the below areas:
- Leading all new contracts negotiations to establish strong commercial agreements and eliminate risk
- Champion all areas of supply chain sustainability and apply these elements to the supplier selection process - ensuring all external partners are in line with the company sustainability goals
- Working with the wider procurement teams to align global sourcing processes and designing a local sourcing strategy to combat external risk factors such as Brexit and Covid
- Working with key strategic suppliers to manage performance based on KPIs and ensure that the business is gaining a valued partner and improving delivery for the wider function
- Working collaboratively will all areas of the wider business to ensure they are aware of procurement's ability to provide value add and focusing on increasing addressable spend
The Skills and Experience Required
- First and foremost - a track record of delivering savings and value add in the consumables and 3rd party manufacturing category
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to highlight examples of improving strategic supplier relationships and improving supplier performance
- Strong stakeholder management skills with experience working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to showcase what procurement can do
- Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to negotiate on complex contractual agreements and open up new procurement opportunities
- Degree educated and preferably a background in FMCG, Pharma or Food and Beverage
Why should you apply?
- The opportunity to work for one of the world's most exciting, successful, and sustainable brands
- Excellent starting salary and package
- A real opportunity to make an immediate impact in a fast-growing procurement function
- Excellent long-term procurement career opportunities
If you would like to find out more about this role then please click Apply now or send your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.