£65000 - £70000 per annum + Car Allowance
29 days ago
Pod Talent are excited to be partnering with one of the World's biggest Food & Beverage businesses on a brand new hire, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their head office in North East London. In this role you will be responsible for assuring the safety, quality and legality of all food products across the UK Business whilst leading a team of 5.
This is a broad role in which you will get the opportunity to lead key projects, influence senior stakeholders and gain exposure to other areas of the business e.g. Supply Chain & Procurement. If you have an interest in working for a household name it doesn't really get much bigger than this business.
- You will be responsible for the food safety, quality and legality of all products from the supplier based through to the customer.
- Lead and develop a team of 5 who have varying levels of experience.
- Develop excellent relationships with suppliers whilst setting their targets and conducting regular reviews.
- Maintain and continuously improve the Quality Management System.
- Develop a 3 Year 'Quality Assurance Plan' for the business, implementing action plans within the department to ensure change is carried out.
- Develop and lead the QA department budget
- Work closely with Global Quality function to ensure standards are aligned, work closely with other departments in the UK e.g. Supply Chain and Procurement ensuring all teams are working towards the same goal.
- Degree level educated in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent.
- Level 3 HACCP and Lead Auditor Trained.
- Excellent Quality Management background in Food, you will ideally have worked in multiple food categories. High risk experience would be preferable.
- Strong people management background, experience of developing team members.
- Excellent Supplier Management experience.
- Strong decision maker, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.