Wigan, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum + + shift allowance + bonus
9 months ago
Kraft Heinz - Shift Engineering Manager (multiple roles)
Pod Talent are partnering exclusively with Kraft Heinz for the recruitment of the below Shift Engineering Manager roles
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry - we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream - it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best - best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
It's a Question of Taste
Do more, be more. Whatever your aspirations, experience something exceptional at Kraft Heinz. We'll give you the freedom to determine your own direction and deliver in your own style. Outperform our expectations and you'll move forward faster than you ever thought possible. Come ready to dream. Come eager to grow.
Get a taste of what your career could be at kraftheinzcompany.com/careers.
We have excellent opportunities available for experienced Engineering Managers to make a difference at Kraft Heinz. You will be working in a high performing environment, alongside peers always trying to reach the next level.
In brief, you will be responsible for leading, engaging & mentoring a team of Engineering Team Leaders on a shift basis, whilst also being accountable for proactively seeking innovative ideas to drive performance improvements in all KPI areas.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Management and coaching of the Team Leaders towards delivery of their day to day performance through regular performance reviews
- Delivery of production plan and OEE performance for the area of control whilst maintaining and improving standards and policies
- Leadership of a multi-disciplined shift team and support the maintenance of all assets using lean principles of short interval control, the tier process and multi-disciplined teams
- Build morale and ensure the creation of a high performing teams; driving performance on shift with shift production manager
- Accountable for overall shift based decision making and ultimately the responsible person on site in the event of a major engineering incident
- Proactively looking for innovative ideas to drive performance improvements in all KPI areas
- Ensure that all productions activities (start-ups, shut downs, changeovers) are planned out with the Reliability teams to reduce potential risks
- Deliver effective communications across the teams and to help develop standard ways of working
- Using appropriate problem solving tools in the event of reoccurring or significant issues which may arise.
- Proactive approach to improving safety and GMP standards within the area of responsibility
- Engagement of teams to actively seek out performance and costs improvement opportunities wherever possible.
- Ensure focus on safety initiatives is evident with approach to deliver zero lost time or minor accidents evident.
- Monthly monitoring of goals with gap analysis and identification of action plans in place where goals not being achieved
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/COMPENTENCIES REQUIREMENTS -
- Engineering HND or equivalent
- Min 5 years' experience of operating in a fast moving manufacturing/engineering environment
- Strong leadership competencies required with the ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to identify specific business improvement opportunities and problem solving
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels and ensure communications are clear and understood, be able to engage and motivate teams and union partners when adapting and adopting change programs
- Experience of delivering sustainable improvement plans which have contributed to business success and transformation
Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Permit (Orientation Year Visa not included) in order to proceed for this position.
What we offer you
- An ambitious employer; we only want to the best for you;
- A fast career track like only few other companies can match;
- A competitive salary and excellent bonus structure (above market);
- Permanent contract; for we believe in doing big bets on people;
- Always room for new ideas; if you have an excellent idea, please let us know and we can set it in action!
Any 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Pod Talent who are partnering with Kraft Heinz for the recruitment of these roles.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.