In 2018, Pod delivered a multi-hire project for Coty, a world-leading beauty company. Within 2 months, Pod filled 35 vacancies resulting in the factory. Here’s how we did it.
With a relocation and expansion of their Ashford site, Coty needed to double their headcount and manufacturing output. The HR team had already managed to make several hires across planning, quality assurance, engineering and factory/warehouse, however, they felt like they had exhausted the local market, and time was running out. The factory was behind target on output and needed to make 35 hires within 2 months to get back on track. To add to their challenge, their internal talent team were short staffed, snowed under by admin and didn’t have time to manage everything involved in the recruitment process.
We met with the HR team to assess their exact requirements and agreed the outline of the project.
The roles fell into two areas; 25 blue collar hires (warehouse and factory operatives) and 10 white collar hires (engineering, quality and production planning). Pod were engaged as an exclusive partner to deliver all candidates for these vacancies.
- Sourced candidates by managing and optimising job adverts, dealing with job applications, pre-screening candidates, completing a UK wide headhunting campaign (for white collar roles), creating marketing documents and managing additional agencies partners
- Arranged and co-ordinated weekly assessment centres including preparing CVs, coordinating diaries and room scheduling, supporting interviews, checking documents, administering tests and securing at least 10 qualified candidates per week. The pod team were also often drafted in to act as additional assessors.
- Managed all communication and administrative tasks involved in the offer management process such as delivering and managing the acceptance of offers, allocating candidates to different vacancies and shift patterns, sending offer documentation including PPE forms, arranging contract administration, confirming start dates, ensuring candidates and line managers were equipped for the candidates’ first shift
- Managed all administrative tasks in general such as updating spreadsheets and creating reports for the Hiring Managers, ensuring candidate feedback from adverts and interviews, sending out contracts of employment etc.
- All roles were filled within a 2-month timescale
- Interview-to-offer success rate went up from 25% to 75%
- The talent team were released to focus on other activities including onboarding and L&D
- The factory went from behind target on output to ahead of target and hit customer service level SLAs
If you have a Supply Chain staffing challenge and would like to explore how solutions, please get in touch with our Managing Director Lucy Morgan on email@example.com or 020 3627 2420.