In 2022, Pod delivered a multi-hire supply chain project for Asahi, a global beverages business. The project lasted for 3 months and we supported on 25 roles. Here’s how we delivered the project:
Asahi were completing a major restructure to their UK Supply Chain division coupled with relocating their Supply Chain team back to their HQ in Woking, Surrey, which resulted in a high number of newly created vacancies to fill. The talent team didn’t have the capacity to fill the vacancies themselves and needed support both with recruitment and the coordination needed to deliver the project successfully.
We were an existing PSL partner to Asahi and have worked with them since 2020. We met with their talent team as well as their Supply Chain Director, and pitched an outsourced recruitment model where Pod would be responsible for delivering candidates for all roles, as well as managing the internal recruitment process for Asahi.
- Sourced candidates by managing and optimising job adverts, managing direct applications, sourcing through job boards and our own network, and a wide headhunt process
- Managed the candidate experience by ensuring all candidates from application stage received a reply and that candidates received prompt feedback throughout the end to end process
- Created candidate marketing information used to attract candidates to apply to Asahi, to give candidates more information on the business and vacancies, and to support them in their interview preparation
- Acted as the first stage interview for Asahi by creating an interview process for each role with set competency questions, that candidates were screened against by a senior team member at Pod, after initial registration
- Co-Ordinated all activity with hiring managers from taking job briefs and having regular updates, to setting time scales, CV delivery, arranging interviews, and offer management
- Set up weekly updates and reporting with Asahi talent partners which allowed us to provide a shared document that was accessible at all times, with live information on progress and performance, which was discussed 1-2-1 weekly
- Managed all communication and administrative tasks involved in the offer management process including delivering offers, ensuring contracts were sent, managing candidates through resignation and confirming start dates and onboarding with hiring managers
- Pod filled 15 of the 25 roles, whilst supporting Asahi with internal moves for the other 10 roles, in just 3 months
- We supported Asahi with their DE&I goals within the project; for example, 55% of the candidates we placed within this project were female
- We received excellent feedback from Asahi stakeholders, a highlight being that we operated as a true partner throughout the whole process
- We also received very positive feedback from our candidates, who felt well-informed and prepared throughout their application processes and confident in making their next career move to Asahi
If you have a Supply Chain staffing challenge and would like to explore our solutions, please get in touch with our CEO Lucy Morgan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3627 2420.