Regional Transport Planning Manager
Award Winning, Global Logistics Provider
£40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Hampshire (On Site)
Pod talent has been engaged exclusively on a truly exciting new role with this logistics powerhouse. They have a highly recognisable brand, extremely collaborative and driven culture and have grown significantly over the past few years.
Due to this continued growth across the UK they are looking to evolve their control tower offering and are therefore looking to bring on a Regional Transport/Network Planning Manager to support the development of this solution to their customers (incl. FTSE 100 FMCGs, Retailer & Grocers)
Within this role you will have both strategic and tactical responsibilities which is critical to the transformation, managing a team of 15-20 planners through your team leaders. You will drive the performance of the network through KPIs, continuous improvement initiatives, looking across the entire network for opportunities as well as ensuring the correct systems and processes are in place.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing key leadership to both the transport planning team and as a strategic leader within the business to head office and depots.
- Responsible for ensuring an effective and smooth-running network, identifying areas of opportunities and executing major development initiatives.
- Lead on continuous improvement projects across systems, processes and people looking to ensure ‘best in class’ practices
- Collaborate with senior leaders across the business working closely to build strong relationships and deliver effectively against your and their KPIs.
Ideally, we are looking for an individual:
- Experience in Regional Transport Management roles, ideally with knowledge of Transport Planning
- Strong Leadership experience, managing medium to large teams with a track record of developing and mentoring their team
- Somebody who enjoys challenging the status quo, due to this transformation they are looking to change their ways of working in a big way!
- An individual looking for an opportunity to work in a truly autonomous and innovative role where you be given the freedom to drive change and deliver impact
Sounds like you? Then please reach out to Seb Taylor at Pod Talent or apply today!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that underrepresented groups are less like to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Pod Talent is dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams with our clients So, if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway as we are always on the lookout for great talent!