We are excited to be partnering with a fast-growing, food manufacturing start-up who are looking to add a Procurement Manager to its quickly expanding team based in West London. This is a newly created role, so you will be given plenty of autonomy to drive new ideas and refine what good looks, as well as be given full responsibility for purchasing all packaging, raw materials, and other components to support the production of finished goods and ultimately meet the quickly growing consumer demands!
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to step up - so if you are excited by new challenges and are motivated by the possibility to drive change and add value to a business, this might be the role for you!
About the role:
- Take ownership of the end-to-end procurement process for all raw materials, packaging, and finished goods.
- Ensure the right level of inventory is acquired to meet production and customer demands.
- Negotiate and onboard new suppliers, while maintaining strong relationships with existing supply partners.
- Take ownership of cost management and work towards optimising cost where possible
- Identify and drive procurement-related improvements, which ultimately will drive improvements to the overall operations of the business.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role, ideally within a manufacturing environment with a short shelf-life product(s).
- Strong numerical skills and ability to use Excel
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Ability to take others on a journey through influence
- Continuous improvement mindset and drive to get things done