European Logistics Director – Transformation & Strategy – Growing & Expanding Retailer - £100,000 - £120,000 + Bonus - UK/Hybrid
This high growth retailer has seen significant and sustained growth over the past 3 years with further through organic and acquisitional growth over the next 3-5 years. This is a highly recognisable and much loved brand and are seen as an industry leader in the space.
We are working exclusively on a very exciting role where you will lead the Supply Chain Operation Strategy with a focus on Logistics development, new European warehouse and leading a transformation across the Supply chain, Logistics & Customer Service functions.
We are looking to hear from candidates with international logistics exposure, experience setting up inhouse warehouse operations (or deep knowledge of warehousing) and a track record driving operational change within a very fast paced & customer centric environment.
This is a very exciting role with a huge opportunity to deliver significant impact along with excellent opportunities to grow the role further.
What will the role entail?
- The primary role across the next 18- 24 months will be to design and realign the operational and strategic Supply Chain activity across all business units to deliver against the overarching business objectives.
- Leading the long term strategy & operational ownership of the international logistics including a global network design review and set up of a brand new warehouse in Europe
- Responsible for building exceptional relationships of key 3PL logistics contracts, accountable for tenders and driving sustainable service and cost reduction initiatives
- Drive a culture of continuous improvements leading a review across people, processes and systems to deliver the most effective operating model.
Key skills and experience required?
- Experienced in creating and driving change across logistics & supply chain within a European remit
- Track record of developing and designing processes as well as leading on network development, improvement and change projects
- Excellent knowledge of inhouse warehouse operations setting up site(s) within your Europe
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to lead and influence at all levels
- A collaborative, hands on & curious leader able to solve complex problems
- Experience within SME/High growth organisation would be highly beneficial
- Willing to travel – expectation of travel to Europe fortnightly
Why should you apply for this role?
- Fantastic company culture within a well know brand and excellent starting salary and package.
- This is a critical senior position where you will be able to deliver significant impact within an extremely successful business
- The opportunity to take ownership and lead on a pinnacle transformational change
- This is a critical senior position within an industry leading business
- Complete ownership and autonomy to shape and develop the long term strategy to enable the business' continued growth.
If this is an opportunity you feel would be suited to your skills and experience and are interested in finding out more then click Apply now or contact Seb Taylor at Pod Talent.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that underrepresented groups are less like to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Pod Talent is dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams with our clients So if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to apply as we are always on the lookout for great talent!