Pod Talent are delighted to be partnering with a Global Food Manufacturing business on a really exciting opportunity, we are looking for a Head of Product Development to join their head office in London (hybrid). In this role you will work as part of a newly formed team in the business, this team was created essentially as an embedded 'Start up' who are tasked with exploring new product development ventures for the brand.
Your key responsibility will be to drive product development and innovation, discovering new product lines for this brand and bringing them to launch, you will lead a team of 3 Product Development specialists and you will work very closely with 3rd party Manufacturers in the UK & Europe overseeing the end to end Product Development process. This is a unique opportunity to work within a 'Start Up' environment whilst having the security of a Global Business, the role is a Maternity cover contract so the initial period for this will be 12-14 Months.
- You will manage the product development process end-to-end, creating solutions by leading the product briefing, tasting profile, claims, ingredients and nutritional information, as well as quality and regulatory requirements.
- Lead the cross-functional team execution through the development process for all the New Product Ventures projects
- Lead packaging development and supply chain set-up
- Drive transformation in mindset across a multi-functional team and implement changes in the Product Development execution
- Manage and Inspire cross-functional teams and 3rd party suppliers with strong levels of collaboration and strategic thinking
- Strong experience in Product Development, ideally will have worked across multiple food categories
- Excellent experience in managing 3rd party manufacturing businesses
- Strong people management skills
- Experienced in project management, great organizational skills
- Excellent communication, natural problem solver
Salary & Benefits
- Salary of between £75,000 - £95,000
- Bonus of up to 50%
- Hybrid working (3 days in the office, 2 days from home)
- 27 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Private Healthcare
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.