£40000 - £47000 per annum
about 1 month ago
3PL Logistics Manager - (6 Month FTC)
Salary: £40,000 - £47,000 + Package
Pod Talent is currently working with a multi-award winning FMCG business for a Logistics Transport Manager position. Due to an ongoing transformation within the business, this is a 6 months fixed term contract with the potential to be extended so we are looking for immediately or soon to be available candidates.
This is an exciting role where you will oversee a multi- million pound budget and focus on developing effective & sustainable partnerships with the 3PL providers, whilst reviewing, developing & setting up operational performance initiatives to drive cost to serve & service improvement.
- Overall responsibility for 3PL logistics providers, championing best practice & market leading initiatives
- Develop & mentor the Logistics team ensuring engagement and understanding of the wider Supply Chain team
- Effectively managing the partnership with the 3PL providers, ensuring operational effectiveness & exceptional service
- Driving continuous improvement projects across end to end logistics
- Detailed & exploratory analysis of growth potential, promotional/peak planning activity and reviewing 3PL capacity
- Managing & improving a complex distribution model and supplier network; understanding supplier needs and optimising approach
- Drive actions in line with long term strategy; striving towards an optimal situation across quality, service and cost.
- Own the multi-million pound logistics budget
- 2-5+ years' experience in a fast paced, large scale distribution environment for a leading 3PL/FMCG/Retail/Pharmaceutical businesses
- Excellent Experience of managing 3PL Transport providers either inhouse or 3PL
- Commercially astute individual with exceptional supplier & senior stakeholder management.
- Experienced people manager, successfully developing & upskilling their team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to understand complex operations and drive change
- Enthusiasm to deliver a best in class supply chain and someone who craves ownership!
If this sounds like you & you're interested in working for an exciting & fast paced business apply now! Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.