£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
13 days ago
Customer Logistics Manager - FMCG
£50,000 - £60,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A market leading, value driven & growing FMCG business, renowned for their value driven culture, innovative approach & fantastic brands, are looking for a high achieving Customer Logistics Manager to be responsible for the total logistics solution.
This role will oversee a multi-million pound budget and focus on developing an effective & sustainable partnerships with the 3PL providers & key accounts (retailers); driving the operational performance to ensure high quality standards & processes, whilst identifying opportunities that impact cost to serve through continuous improvement.
- Overall responsibility for the Logistics Strategy & Management, including Inbound & Outbound
- Grow, develop & mentor the Customer Logistics team ensuring engagement and understanding of the wider Supply Chain team
- Effectively managing the partnership & negotiate tenders with the 3PLtransport providers, ensuring operational effectiveness & exceptional service
- Owning the relationships & driving continuous improvement projects with retailer, 3PLs & the wider business
- Detailed & exploratory analysis of growth potential, promotional/peak planning activity and reviewing 3PL capacity
- Managing & improving a complex distribution model and supplier network; understanding supplier needs and optimising approach
- Drive actions in line with long term strategy; striving towards an optimal situation across quality, service and cost.
- Own the multi-million pound logistics budget
- 5+ years working in a fast paced, large scale distribution environment for market leading FMCG/Retail/Pharmaceutical businesses
- Commercially astute individual with exceptional supplier & senior stakeholder management. Excellent experience working with retailer & driving improvements.
- Experienced people manager, successfully developing & upskilling their team.
- Degree qualified in a relevant field would be beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to understand complex operations and drive change
- Enthusiasm to deliver a best in class supply chain and develop yourself & others
The business are a true believer in investing in people and can offer high achievers multiple routes for progression. They are also a business that fosters an open and collaborative culture and look for innovative people with excellent leadership skills.
If this sounds like the sort of environment you are keen to work in then please apply now. For further information please contact Seb Taylor on 0203 627 2420 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.