£48000 - £54000 per annum + Benefits
27 days ago
Pod Talent are excited to be working with a Global leading FMCG business on a brand new role, we are looking for an Engineering Shift Manager to join their site in West London. In this role you will be responsible for leading and developing a team of multi skilled engineers in a busy environment whilst supporting the maintenance of all assets including production lines, packaging equipment and site utilities.
This is an opportunity to join a business which is well renowned in it's industry, having made a number of major acquisitions in recent years this company has been going from strength to strength, they are big on career longevity and progression so they are seeking someone who wants to develop and grow with a business.
- Leadership of a multi-disciplined shift team and support the maintenance of all assets
- Play an active role in the management of the Engineering Team, managing people and resources to meet the internal customer needs and optimum plant availability
- Proactively looking for innovative ideas to drive performance improvements in all KPI areas
- Ensure that all productions activities (start-ups, shut downs, changeovers) are planned out with the relevant teams to reduce potential risks
- Using appropriate problem solving tools in the event of reoccurring or significant issues which may arise. Ability to manage and direct shift engineering teams where appropriate to support this process
- Monthly monitoring of goals with gap analysis and identification of action plans in place where goals not being achieved
- Must qualified to NVQ Level 3 & HNC level in Engineering related discipline
- Min 3 years' experience of operating in a fast moving manufacturing/engineering environment
- Strong leadership competencies required with the ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to identify specific business improvement opportunities and problem solving
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety particularly related to Steam, Refrigeration and Compressed Air
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels and ensure communications are clear and understood, be able to engage and motivate teams and union partners when adapting and adopting change programs
- Experience of delivering sustainable improvement plans which have contributed to business success and transformation
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.