£48000 - £54000 per annum + + bonus
8 days ago
Pod Talent are delighted to be partnering with one the biggest Food Manufacturing business in the UK on a new hire, we are currently looking for an Engineering Team Leader to join their highly skilled team in Wigan. In this role you will be responsible for leading a multi discipline team of engineers on a shift basis, your primary responsibility will be to engage your team to deliver key results, however you will be constantly looking for improvement activities within the site.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing business who offer excellent career development prospects.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Leadership of a multi-disciplined shift team and support the maintenance of all assets
- Leading the teams through regular performance reviews using lean principles of short interval control, the tier process and multi-disciplined teams
- Proactively looking for innovative ideas to drive performance improvements in all KPI areas
- Ensure that all productions activities (start-ups, shut downs, changeovers) are planned out with the Reliability teams to reduce potential risks
- Using appropriate problem solving tools in the event of reoccurring or significant issues which may arise. Ability to manage and direct shift engineering teams where appropriate to support this process
- Monthly monitoring of goals with gap analysis and identification of action plans in place where goals not being achieved
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/COMPENTENCIES REQUIREMENTS -
- Must qualified to NVQ Level 3 & HNC level in Engineering related discipline
- Min 3 years' experience of operating in a fast moving manufacturing/engineering environment
- Strong leadership competencies required with the ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to identify specific business improvement opportunities and problem solving
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels and ensure communications are clear and understood, be able to engage and motivate teams and union partners when adapting and adopting change programs
- Experience of delivering sustainable improvement plans which have contributed to business success and transformation
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.