£70000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus
2 months ago
Pod Talent are delighted to be once again partnering with one of the World's most well renowned Food Manufacturing businesses on an exciting new opportunity. We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Utilities & Technology Project Manager to join their Manufacturing Site in Lancashire. In this role you will be the Subject Matter Expert for Utilities Installations for the Global Business, you will work alongside the Head of Utilities & Technology to adopt best practices and put together a sustainable strategy for this company moving forward.
This is a brand new position that is part of an Engineering Excellence Project in which multiple Engineering Subject Matter Experts will be hired across different categories in the business to lead Global Initiatives. It's an opportunity to join a Food Manufacturing powerhouse who had an excellent year and have had a large recent investment to further their plans for expansion.
- Lead Feasibility Studies for major Capex investments within the Utilities & Technology space, across the Global Business, working closely with Regional Engineering leads, Head of Energy-Utilities (International), R&D and FS&Q.
- Create standard engineering project designs and Capex estimates for major capital initiatives working together with Head of Energy-Utilities (International), Region capex leads and their local teams.
- Participate & lead cross functional Reviews to define and agree standard process flows ensure all major Capital projects (>$1MM) within the Global Engineering team are designed to maintain business continuity, maximise operating income and factory efficiency.
- Define standards and designs to enable Procurement to obtain standard pricing structures for particular / preferred suppliers. Working closely with Capex Procurement, Technical Services, R&D and FS&Q.
- Develop & deploy standardised utility system designs (including utility supply, generation and treatment) for Capex projects across the International Zone and champion the process in relation to specific projects to ensure compliance.
- Establish benchmarking of common equipment or processes for Capital projects across the International Zone to understand key advantages of the various installed technologies and standardise where these bring competitive advantage and efficiency / compliance benefits.
- Degree level educated in relevant field e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial Engineering etc.
- Excellent Utilities Project Management experience - will have experience with steam, compressed air, electricity, water systems (water that is fit for consumption).
- You will have strong commercial knowledge, as you will be one of the 'go to' people for Utilities across the Global Business.
- Ideally you will have existing relationships with OEMs and Engineering/Utility Service Organisations.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain and overall End to End Business including experience working within a multi-national and multi-cultural organisation
- Highly numerate and financially aware to allow project financial analysis to be completed in conjunction with financial analysts.
- Excellent Communication and Stakeholder Management experience.
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.