£30000 - £40000 per annum + Additional benefits
about 1 month ago
01 Apr 00:00
My client, an innovative, industry disrupting start-up, are looking for a new Operations Manager to take the lead at their Brixham facility to develop and run the fish processing operation! This role, a first of its kind, is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic, ambitious and proactive individual to build a team, drive industry change and develop to the next stage of their career.
- Responsible for meeting with boats and landing catches, taking the daily catches to the Port facility for processing
- Leading the small team in sorting, filleting and packaging fish
- Drive continuous improvements in operational efficiency and help to scale the operation as demand increases
- Help in developing the presence of this innovative business in the community to other boats and fishermen, increasing supply
- At least 3 years' experience in the fishing industry, with good knowledge of the industry and the ability to fillet fish to a high level
- Excellent people skills, able to build relationships with existing boats, lead a team and develop new relationships with potential suppliers
- The ambition and drive to really get stuck in and help develop and build something unique and new, changing the fishing industry
- Own transport with full clean driving license
The successful candidate will receive a very competitive salary plus benefits.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.