£80000 - £90000 per annum + Car + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
about 1 month ago
Head of Logistics - New Technology - Leading Consumer Electronics
£80,000 - £90,000 + Car + Bonus
This household brand is famed for having a truly pioneering and forward-thinking approach to entertainment. Always at the forefront of innovation, they continue to challenge themselves to bring new and exciting technology to the market to enhance their customers' experience. Because of this, they are building a new team to develop a new product and service offering. They are looking for a driven & dedicated Logistics and Supply Chain professional to lead the implementation of a pan-European strategy.
Head of Logistics Role
- This is currently a stand-alone position with full end to end responsibility for the logistics strategy both short, mid & long term
- Setting up a robust & efficient logistics network sourcing brand new partners & utilising the existing network.
- Overall responsibility for 3PL logistics providers, championing best practice & market leading initiatives
- Ensure 'best in class' service, improving, developing and implementing an effective growth & improvement programmes
- Supporting new product launches & setting up value added offerings
- Supporting the wider team, working collaboratively & cross functionally to drive actions in line with long term strategy
- Reviewing the full end to end distribution network using root cause & gap analysis to evaluate pinch point and opportunities
- Own the multi-million pound logistics budget
Desired previous skills and experience
- Extensive experience managing global logistics network & setting up new distribution channels within a fast paced FMCG environment
- Excellent 3PL management experience managing warehousing, distribution, manufacturing, reverse logistics & repairs.
- Previous track record of managing global distribution network in consumer electronics ideally experience in brown goods such as TVs, Tablets, Games Consoles, Laptops etc.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to interface with different business units and lead projects to completion against stringent time frames
- A natural problem solver with the ability to think creatively in a fluid environment and create structures and processes for the wider teams
Why should you apply?
- The opportunity to set up a brand-new distribution network & support new product launches, leading on all logistics aspects
- The chance to join an award-winning business focused on diversity, equality and innovation
- An opportunity to take on an exciting, challenging and rewarding Logistics role
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a generous starting salary and package including car, bonus, healthcare and pension
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.