£55000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Package
7 days ago
Title: Logistics Manager - FMCG
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + Package
Want to work in a market-leading FMCG business who is going through an exciting time of growth and change? Can you thrive in a dynamic and challenging leadership role with high levels of responsibility? Are you keen to lead multiple projects & drive true partnerships with customers, suppliers & 3PL Partners? If so, then this could be the role for you!
I am looking for an experienced & passionate logistics professional to manage all 3PL logistics contracts for the UK, along with setting up and managing the expansion into the EU. You will lead a small and dynamic team, support the business expansion, and drive improvements across the operation in a fast-paced FMCG environment.
The role will involve;
- Overall responsibility for the Logistics Strategy & Management, defining the long-term road map and leading the logistics expansion into the EU
- Innovative and robust management of 3PL warehouse and transport providers; driving a customer led efficient operation and increasing visibility & service levels
- Managing & improving a complex distribution model and supplier network; understanding supplier needs and optimising approach
- Successful management of a small team, where you will work cross functionally with other key stakeholder to drive business success.
- Close management of the multi-million-pound logistics budget, improving service levels & delivering cost saving initiatives
- Lead customer collaboration projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Working internally with the wider commercial and supply chain team to ensure stock availability and smooth product launches
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous management of a multi-million-pound 3PL contract - Bonus Points if you've been part of/lead projects into new markets/regions!
- Experience in a food/consumer goods/FMCG logistics environment driving collaboration projects with 3PLs, retailers and improving cost to serve models.
- Experience managing and developing a team, building a strong team culture would be highly desirable but not a necessity.
- A dynamic communicator to all levels with the ability to drive change
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Enthusiasm to deliver a best-in-class supply chain and develop yourself & others
- Degree level or equivalent qualification/work experience
On offer is a dynamic role with lots of scope for development and a huge opportunity to lead on an impressive expansion project with a business that has already seen great success in the UK & US. This is coupled with a people-focused work culture, friendly team and a competitive package.
If you're looking for a challenging and interesting opportunity with a business with some fantastic brands, where you can make real change, and your background accurately meets the above requirements then please don't hesitate to apply.
Contact - Seb Taylor
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.