£75000 - £85000 per annum
28 days ago
Pod Talent are currently working with one of the biggest retail businesses in the UK on a very exciting newly created role, my client is looking for a Manufacturing Excellence Lead to join their head office in London. In this role you will work in their Foods department and work alongside their Food Manufacturing partners who are spread across the UK. It will be your responsibility to build relationships with these Manufacturing partners, get to know their ways of working and implement sustainable improvement plans.
This is a highly strategic role where you will be tasked with reducing the cost base of the business which will essentially make space for future investments in the Foods Department. My client is looking for someone who comes from a strong background in Food, has excellent stakeholder management skills and has a track record of delivering sustainable improvements in Manufacturing. This role is based in London but there are flexible working options available so candidates outside of London (so long as it's somewhat commutable) are welcome to apply!
- You will be part of a wider business team whose objective is to transform how the business operates across 4 key areas, your area will be Manufacturing Excellence.
- You will be heavily focused on Suppliers and Partners, building relationships and driving sustainable improvement plans/projects on cost, quality and service.
- Deliver Financial targets for these plans/projects.
- Analyse current targets & results for measuring manufacturing performance e.g. OEE & Waste, use your experience to improve performance or implement new ways of working whilst saving costs.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders ensuring communication of progress is maintained.
- Potentially scope out new suppliers and partners by staying on top of market trends.
- Must have Food Manufacturing experience, ideally will have Fresh Food experience but it's not essential.
- Excellent Continuous Improvement background, will have a strong track record of delivering sustainable improvements in Manufacturing.
- LEAN or Six Sigma Qualifications desirable
- Experience of managing a Food Manufacturing P&L.
- Strong Stakeholder Management experience, great communicator.
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.