£38000 - £40000 per annum + Shift Allowance
21 days ago
Pod Talent are delighted to be partnering a Global Beverage Manufacturing business on a critical new hire, we are currently looking for a Manufacturing Shift Manager to join their highly skilled team in Kent. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of production specialists in a complex environment. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver strong results and constantly look for improvement activities in operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing business who offer excellent career development prospects. Please note that this role is on a double days shift which operates between Monday and Friday from 6am - 2pm & 2pm - 10pm.
- First Line Manager responsible for leading the production teams on a shift and daily basis. Delivery of production plan and OEE performance for the area of control whilst maintaining and improving standards and policies, manage within established company guidelines and precedents
- Oversee Production, safety, quality, people within the specified production area on a shift basis. Primarily delivery of the shift results however also required to take active role in the longer term improvement activity and plans for the area.
- Deliver a safe working environment delivering good quality products to agreed production plans whilst ensuring labour and yield controls are in place and being adhered to.
- Leading the teams through regular performance reviews using short interval control and multi-disciplined teams. Generation of actions as an output of this process which will deliver improved performance before the next review point.
- Proactive approach to improving safety and GMP standards within the area of responsibility
- Engagement of teams to actively seek out performance and costs improvement opportunities wherever possible.
- Min 3 years' experience of operating in a fast moving and complex production environment
- Strong leadership competencies required with the ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to identify specific business improvement opportunities and problem solving
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels and ensure communications are clear and understood, be able to engage and motivate teams and union partners when adapting and adopting change programs
- Experience of delivering sustainable improvement plans which have contributed to business success and transformation
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.