£70000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus
about 1 month ago
Pod Talent are delighted to be once again partnering with one of the World's most well renowned Food Manufacturing businesses on an exciting new opportunity. We are currently recruiting for a Packaging Engineering Design Project Manager to join their Manufacturing Site in Lancashire. In this role you will be the Subject Matter Expert for Packaging Engineering, you will create initial and detailed equipment designs and create engineering standards that complement the equipment design. You will work alongside other Project Managers and people in the business to design new processes which will become best practice for the global business.
This is a brand new position that will be part of a Global Engineering Excellence Project Team, the goal of this team is to have Subject Matter Experts in place to lead global initiatives across all of their specialised categories. This is a great opportunity to join a Food Manufacturing powerhouse who had an excellent year and have had a large recent investment to further their plans for expansion.
- Create standard engineering project designs and Capex estimates for major capital initiatives working together with supply development - project leads and their teams.
- Participate & lead cross functional Reviews to define and agree standard process flows ensure all major Capital projects across the Global Business are designed.
- Develop packaging equipment standards and designs to enable Procurement to obtain standard pricing structures for particular/preferred suppliers.
- Develop & deploy standardized production flows and equipment for Capex projects across the global business and champion the process in relation to specific projects to ensure compliance.
- Establish benchmarking of common equipment or processes and Capital projects to understand key advantages of each of the various installed lines and standardize where these bring competitive advantage.
- Provide technical support to project engineers as requested during equipment build- acceptance testing and commissioning.
- Degree Level Educated in Engineering related discipline e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial etc.
- Strong experience in Food Manufacturing OR FMCG - must be a fast moving manufacturing environment with packaging equipment.
- Strong Project Management experience.
- Demonstrable skills obtained through implementation of projects that include a high level of Automation and integrated control systems and practical application of Industry 4.0 solutions.
- Excellent LEAN and Continuous Improvement background.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management experience.
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of end to end Supply Chain.
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.