£24000 - £26000 per annum
22 days ago
03 Jun 00:00
I'm working with a unique e-commerce retailer who are looking for a purchasing specialist to manage their raw materials/finished goods category. The role will involve sourcing a variety of products from speciality suppliers.
The business itself is incredibly entrepreneurial and has carved a niche in the market for essential everyday goods, they are constantly innovating and have a large NPD programme. Your key stakeholders will be the NPD team, Marketing and Manufacturing and you must be experienced in liaising directly with suppliers at the factory level.
- Work closely with NPD and be the cost-price expert, providing recommendations on raw materials and production costs against the category range
- Take product specification/concept to suppliers and lead negotiation, always looking for ways to improve pricing and terms of business
- Support the Head of Product to develop a Cost Down programme
- Monitor Market fluctuation in raw material pricing to identify any cost risk or opportunities to the business
- Min 2 years' experience
- Fluent in Mandarin in addition to English
- Strong negotiator and resilient approach
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.