£37000 - £45000 per annum + £12,000 Shift Allowance + 12% Bonus
about 1 month ago
Pod Talent are currently working with a leading Global Food Manufacturing business in Berkshire on a new opportunity, we are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Shift Manager to come on board. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of 15 - 20 operations associates in a busy environment, you will ensure your team is delivering strong results and consistently look for improvements in operations.
This is an opportunity to work for a Globally recognised business, they have a very supportive and people oriented culture and they provide excellent career development opportunities.
- First Line Manager responsible for leading the production teams on a shift and daily basis. Delivery of production plan and OEE performance for the area of control whilst maintaining and improving standards and policies, manage within established company guidelines and precedents
- Oversee Production, safety, quality, people within the specified production area on a shift basis. Primarily delivery of the shift results however also required to take active role in the longer term continuous improvement activity and plans for the area.
- Deliver a safe working environment delivering good quality products to agreed production plans whilst ensuring labour and yield controls are in place and being adhered to.
- Leading the teams through regular performance reviews using short interval control and multi-disciplined teams. Generation of actions as an output of this process which will deliver improved performance before the next review point.
- Proactive approach to improving safety and GMP standards within the area of responsibility
- Engagement of teams to actively seek out performance and costs improvement opportunities wherever possible.
- Min 3 years' experience of operating in a fast moving production environment.
- Strong leadership competencies required with the ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to identify specific business improvement opportunities and problem solving.
- Lean Six Sigma Qualification preferred
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels and ensure communications are clear and understood, be able to engage and motivate teams when adapting and adopting change programs.
- Experience of delivering sustainable improvement plans which have contributed to business success and transformation.
- Must be prepared to work on shift.
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.