£60000 - £68000 per annum + Bonus + Great Benefits
17 days ago
UK Distribution Manager
Global FMCG Business
£60,000 - £68,000 + Package
I'm delighted to be working with a global FMCG on a fantastic opportunity for a UK Distribution Manager. Within this role, you will be responsible for the distribution operation and strategy for the UK.
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic logistics professional with a deep understanding of warehouse and transport operation ideally from a 3PL or inhouse operations environment with strong people management experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well known and growing business with a fantastic brand and a very impressive culture of collaboration & innovation.
- Accountable for operational effectiveness and long term strategy for UK Warehouse & Transport operation
- Grow, develop & mentor the Logistics team ensuring engagement and understanding of the wider Supply Chain team
- Scope, design and deliver critical improvement & strategy initiatives and drive continuous improvement projects across end to end logistics
- Effectively managing the partnership with the 3PL warehouse & transport providers, ensuring operational effectiveness & exceptional service
- Managing & improving a complex distribution model; understanding customers needs and optimising approach
- Drive actions in line with long term strategy; striving towards an optimal situation across quality, service and cost.
- P&L responsibility for Transport & Warehouse Operation
- 5-8+ years working in a fast paced, large scale distribution/warehouse environment for market leading FMCG/Retail/3PL businesses
- Strong Operational Background, managing in house warehouse and/or transport operations, with detailed knowledge of effective operations.
- A strong & passionate leader, able to manage teams, customers & senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to understand complex operations and drive change
- Enthusiasm to deliver a best in class supply chain and develop yourself & others
If this sounds like the sort of environment you are keen to work in then please apply now. For further information please contact Seb Taylor at Pod Talent
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.